
This Cool Dude will be two years old in just two months. I can't believe it. It seems like it was yesterday that he was turning one. The other day I had something funny happen. Mitchell and I were in my bedroom. He started banging on my curio cabinet. I told him several times to stop. He kept on doing it, and so I told him that he was going to have to go to time out if he did not stop. He then ran into the living room. I followed after him, and he went straight to the place where I put him for time out. Now Chad and I have been doing time out with him for a few months. I am not sure if he understands it all, but it at least gets him away from the problem. I was so shocked because he went to the exact spot and even faced the closet door (this is how I have him do it when I place him in time out.) Now he only stayed for a few seconds, and then he grabbed my hand. He wanted me to sit with him. I sat down and again he only stayed for a few seconds before getting up again. At least I think that this is progress because he is associating the place with the words "time out." I have always been sceptical about placing kids in time out, but here I am doing it with my own child. I think it can be beneficial if it is used in the right way. And I think that I am going to need all the help I can get with the terrible twos coming. Oh wait, I think I am suppose to call them the terrific twos!

Along with shoes, this boy loves his accessories.....sunglasses and hats!
1 comments:
Mitchell has you tied around is little finger...and if you forget it, he'll just grab onto your's!
Post a Comment