Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year Mitchell was Boomer, the OU mascot, for Halloween. We had planned for him to be Elmo. We had the costume and everything, but he would not wear the hat. Without the hat he just looked like a fuzzy, red person. So at the last minute, I was out searching for another costume. I bought one at Sam's, and then I came across the Boomer costume at Wal-Mart. The Sam's costume did not fit, and Boomer did. So that is how Mitchell became Boomer, the horse.
Norman did not have trick-or-treating on Saturday night because of the football game. We decided to take Mitchell to Grammy and Papa's neighborhood. This was the first time that Mitchell has been trick-or-treating. He was able to say the words, and he understood the concept. He was kind of scared at the beginning, but by the last house he was taking a hand full of candy out of the bowl.
I think that he got a sucker at the second house that we went to. That was all he really wanted. He carried that around with him the whole time. Mommy and Daddy had to carry his pumpkin bucket.
Scooter, my in-laws dog, came with us trick-or-treating. He was a fire hydrant. Poor thing, he did not get one treat!
Looking at the loot. Are there any more suckers?
On Sunday night we went to our church's Fall Festival. This year Mitchell played some of the games. Last year I think he just ran around the church. I forgot to take my camera in till the very end.
Here is one of the games that he played. He also played a bowling game. But instead of using the ball to knock down the pins, he just went over to them and knocked them down himself. We also celebrated Grandma Null's birthday on Halloween. It was a very busy weekend.

0 comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker