Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Merry Christmas
We had a great Christmas! I was not sure how it was going to be when Mitchell came down with a cold the weekend before Christmas. He had a cough and a little congestion. I ended up just calling the doctor because I did not know if he could take any medication. The doctor told me to give him Zyrtec before he went to bed at night. We found out that the medication made him very hyper, as we watched him play till midnight. If it is suppose to make children sleepy, it does not work with Mitchell. We ended up giving it to him the next few nights, but earlier in the evening. He got better by Christmas, but was kind of tired.
We spent Christmas Eve with my mom, and then went to Chad's parents on Christmas day. On Christmas Eve we went to my mom's church. This is a tradition that I did growing up. It was a big deal. They now have two services, one at 6:00 pm and the other at 11:00 pm. When I was younger we went to the 11:00 service, but now we go to the 6:00. The pastor always has the children come down to the front, and he reads the Christmas story, or a storybook about the birth of Jesus. This year I took Mitchell down front (even babies go). He was so good and just sat in my lap. The baby girl next to us kept screaming. Then they gave an ornament to all of the kids (us too). Of course my mom had to show Mitchell off after the service. We then went back to my mom's house and opened presents. Chad and I usually open our presents to each other at my mom's, but this year we each just took one present to open. We wanted to save our presents and our presents to Mitchell to open on Christmas morning. We also had a wonderful meal too before we went to the Candle Light service.
We actually woke Mitchell up on Christmas morning. Because he had been sick, he was not sleeping well. I think that he was actually close to waking up anyways. He does look a little tired in the pictures though. Mitchell was more into the bows than the actual presents this year. I don't know how many pictures we got of him with a bow in his mouth.
Chad always trys to surprise me with my gifts. This year I really did not want anything in particular so he had a hard time, but he came through. On Tuesday the doorbell rang, and I found a box of roses on my doorstep. That was a complete surprise because I have never gotten roses for Christmas. Then he gave me a box with a hat (kind of), and it said on a piece of paper in the box to put it over my eyes. I did this and when I took it off he had set up a digital picture frame in our living room. It already had pictures of Mitchell on it. It is nice, but I still don't know how to work it.
Moving on .... we went to Chad's parents and opened presents there. I do have to say that it is a little crazy with a baby and opening presents. We had to help Mitchell open up his presents and our own plus get video and pictures of everything too. Mitchell got tons of clothes and toys. His uncle Todd and aunt Audrey also got him a big boy car seat. He just has to gain about three to four more pounds to use it. We then had a later Christmas lunch, and my mom came over for that. It is nice that Chad's parents always invite my mom over. I don't think I could bear leaving her by herself on Christmas day.
We also had Christmas with Chad's grandmas. One was the Saturday before Christams and the other was the Saturday after.
I was exhausted after everything, but it was great to have Mitchell and set new traditions with him. Even though we get wrapped up with presents, family, and traditions it is important to remember the best gift ever. That gift is Jesus Christ. He came as a little baby just to be a sacrifice for our sins. I started thinking about silly things two weeks ago when we were in church. Our pastor was preaching about the birth of Jesus, and I started thinking....I wonder how much Jesus weighed when he was born? I know that is silly, but after having a baby you think of these things. Chad later told me that he was thinking of the wise men. He was wondering where they came from. The Bible just says that they came from the East. I guess there are some things that we will never know.
I hope that you had a Wonderful Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!!!!
Posted by Jennifer at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment