Friday, March 20, 2009

Robots!

I am very, very behind in posting this, but I did not want to pass up sharing this. For the past few months Chad has been a mentor at a local high school. He has been working with a robotics class. They have been building a robot to compete against other high schools in the state. This has turned out to be quite a project for Chad. He has put a lot of time into this. He had to spend several evenings and every Saturday for about a month working on this. It is kind of apart of his job, but it is more of a volunteer opportunity. The high school kids help build the robot, but they get a lot of help on the technical issues. That is where Chad comes in. He worked with two guys from Dell to do all the computer engineering. When I first head about this I pictured a small robot that you get from the toy store. Boy was I wrong. As you can see from the pictures, the robots are massive.
The competition is like a game. They put several robots in a ring, and they try to get balls into the other robot's trailer. The one who gets the most in the other trailers is the winner. Then the winners of the matches play each other. In the end, the one that wins the most is the final winner. I am proud to say that Chad's team came in second. Then they were able to go to a regional competition in Texas and got second again. This was very amazing, and Chad was very proud.

He got a medal for coming in second. Mitchell really liked it.


Of course Daddy shared his medal with Mitchell. He loved it!


0 comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker