Chad and I had our 5th anniversary on Saturday, June 26th. It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years and really hard to believe that we have been together for 7 years. I have the best husband in the world. He is also a great daddy. He does so well with Mitchell. For our anniversary we decided to go downtown to watch a movie and eat dinner. I told Chad a few months back that I thought that we could leave Mitchell with my mom overnight. This was a big step for me because I have never been away from him overnight. Chad has been away from him when we have taken our trips to St. Louis. At first Chad did not think that I meant it, but I really thought that it was time to give it a try. So, last night my mom came over to our house and spent the night. We were only a short 20-30 minutes away in case we had to come home. We spent the night at the Renaissance Hotel. It is a very nice place. From our room we had a good view of the downtown area. First we went to a movie and saw "The Proposal." It is a very good movie. I would recommend it. It is especially a good chick flick. Then we went to Mickey Mantel's to eat dinner. After that we walked around Bricktown. The Harley Davidson's Motorcycle group happened to be in town. There were motorcycles all over the place. They also had some kind of parade on Saturday. We looked out our hotel window and could see miles of motorcycles. I didn't mind it until we were in our hotel room and I could hear them late at night reeving their engines. But overall we had a really good time. Also I wanted to stop and get dessert somewhere. By this time it was 10:00 pm and most places were closing. Marble Slab had a line out the door, so we decided not to wait. We ended up at Spaghetti Warehouse and had the 12 layer chocolate cake. It was yummy! I did not take any pictures. I wish I had my camera with me. Mitchell did great with my mom. He slept all night long and got her up around 7:30 am. I think he was comfortable being in his own house and sleeping in his own bed. Thank you mom for watching him. I know he had a great time. Happy Anniversary Chad. I love you!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Happy Anniversary
Posted by Jennifer at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
so glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment