
We finally took our first family vacation. I have taken Mitchell to see family in St. Louis twice but Chad has not been with us. We did not really do anything major exciting, but it was a chance for us to get away. You can see that Mitchell was ready to go and wanted to help pack.

Mitchell is ready for a road trip to Texas in his big boy car seat. We left on Sunday, July 5th and came back on Tuesday. We went to Allen, TX. It was about a three hour drive. Mitchell did really well in the car. He slept most of the time. I think that if the trip would have been any longer, he probably would not have been able to handle it.

Since it was my birthday we ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We have one in OKC, but I have only been to it a few times. And I thought that cheesecake sounded good for my birthday. This is what Mitchell did during my birthday dinner. We got to Allen around 2:30 pm. We unpacked a little in the hotel and let Mitchell play, and then we did a little shopping at the Allen Outlet Mall. Chad took Mitchell back to the hotel after a while so that he could take a nap. I guess because it was a new environment he did not want to take a nap. So, by the time we went out to dinner, he was out. We just put him on the bench next to us and he just slept. He missed out on some good food.

They did not give me a free cheesecake, but they did decorate the plate and give me a candle. I also got out of them singing to me because I had a sleeping baby. :) I got the lemon raspberry cheesecake. Usually I am a chocolate person, but this just sounded good to me.

It was very good!

We learned how to make do in a hotel with a baby. We asked for a high chair, and I put it up to the desk in the room so that Mitchell could eat some of his meals. Mitchell loved crawling around and getting into things in the hotel. I know it was probably not as sanitary as I would have liked, but you just have to let go sometimes.

The hotel had a pool and we went swimming both nights that we were there.

We mainly did a lot of shopping, but we did go into Dallas on Tuesday. We went to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was really a neat place. They have all kinds of animals. I was excited about this place because it was in doors. The zoo was not appealing to me in the 100 degree weather. I was not sure how much Mitchell would react, but he seemed to enjoy the animals.

If you look closely to the right of Mitchell there is a bird. They just had birds flying all around the place. I did not get a picture of it, but Mitchell was watching a sea lion swimming, and it came right up to the glass next to him. Mitchell jumped he was so frightened by it. He did not cry. I think he was in shock.

It was pretty inside with all of the plants and the waterfall. I am glad that we got to do this. It gives me hope that we can do more family vacations.
0 comments:
Post a Comment