
We had a very busy Easter weekend. It started with an Easter Egg hunt in MWC. Nana went with us, and we met Mamaw, Uncle Todd, Aunt Audrey, and Vallien there. Daddy had to work, and we really missed him. Mitchell and I practiced hunting for Easter eggs in the house before the big hunt. This was his first time to really do an egg hunt. Last year he was still pretty young and could not walk yet. At first he just wanted to open the eggs when he found them. Then some how I convinced him that he just needed to pick them up and put them in his basket. So when we were at the actual egg hunt he did pretty well. He did get a little distracted by all the kids, but he walked away with a full basket.

I held his basket, and he dropped the eggs in. Maybe next year he will do it all by himself.

The Easter bunny was there, and we attempted to take pictures twice. The first time Mamaw tried to put him on the bunny's lap. He stayed for a few seconds and then started fussing.

I took my turn at it too. I am not sure why I thought that I would do any better. The second time around he would not even sit on the bunny's lap. But the funny thing is, after the picture he gave the bunny a high five. Silly boy!

After church we went over to Chad's parents' house for lunch. This is the best family picture that I got, and it is terrible. I tried and tried to get a good picture, but Mitchell was not cooperating. I finally gave up.

You can see Mitchell's outfit a little better in this picture, even if his shirt tale is hanging out.

Nana and Papa tried to get him on a tricycle, but he was not going to go for that.

Mitchell got to open some early birthday presents. His great aunt and uncle from Texas gave him a truck and a baseball outfit. The tissue paper was also a great hit.

Papa and Mamaw gave him an Elmo Easter basket with lots of goodies. Let me tell you this boy is spoiled!!

It looks like our little Mitchell is the King, but in the midst of our busy Easter weekend we stopped to remember who our real King is. I am so thankful that we do serve a Risen Savior who is the King of Kings!
0 comments:
Post a Comment