Monday, April 26, 2010

Turning Two

Mitchell is now two years old!


I had a hard time deciding on what pictures to put on here, so this could be kind of lengthy. On Mitchell's birthday he had a nice day with Mommy at home. Mommy made him pancakes for breakfast. Then for lunch we had mac and cheese, green beans, and strawberries. All of these are his favorites. We played cars, which is another favorite. He could play cars all day long. Daddy gave him this homemade race track. He had it for one of his projects at work.

I tried to get a few pictures of him during the day. Mitchell loves to turn on the music on his car. He will turn his head back and forth with the music.

When Daddy got home from work, we went out to eat at Cheddar's. We ended up going there last year on his birthday. I thought that we should do it again. I am taking advantage of this time when we don't have to go to Chuck E Cheese or some other kid place. After we ate we went by campus. There was a silent auction going on, and Chad wanted me to look at a few items. I tried to get a few pictures of Mitchell around campus.

This is my favorite! They are in a phone booth on campus.

When we got home we let Mitchell open his presents from us. This is one of the presents that he got. It is a Yo Gabba Gabba dance mat. When you step on the pictures they make music.

He is testing it out with his new sandals. Mitchell LOVES the Yo Gabba Gabba show. He started watching it last summer after we went to a friend's Gabba birthday party. We had never heard of it, like most people. It is a fairly new show. It comes on Nick Jr. We started DVRing it, and Mitchell will sit and watch the whole show. So for his party this year, I decided that I would go with the Yo Gabba theme.

I had to order all the party supplies on-line. They did not have anything in the local party stores. But I found a lot of things on nick.com. I was able to print them out and use them as decorations.

We had his party the day after his birthday.

I got party hats and blowers, and we really did not even use them. We should have passed them out when we did cake, but my mind was so scattered that I did not even think about it.

Mitchell's party was at 11, so we had lunch for everyone. I got the large chicken nugget platter from Chick-Fil-A. We ended up having lots of nuggets left. We will be eating those for awhile.

We also had fruit, veggies, Cheetos, Cheerio mix, and sugar cookies.

Mitchell got a slide from his Uncle Todd and Aunt Audrey. We bought the pool and the balls. We put them together for our entertainment.

Mitchell was not so sure that he liked the slide at first. I don't know why because he goes down the slides when we go to the park.

Mitchell's party guests were all girls. I did invite a boy, but he could not come. It just happens that most of my friends have girls and those that are close to his age at church are girls.

The weather was kind of funny. When the sun was out, it was great. But when the sun went behind the clouds it was cold, especially with the wind.

Mitchell helped open some of his presents, but then he got preoccupied.

He liked wearing this crown but would not wear the party hat.


I decided that I was going to make his cake this year. I liked doing it, but it was a big head ache. I made the cake look like Brobee, a character from Yo Gabba. I thought that I would make a practice cake. So I did this a week before his birthday. I liked the cake, but I thought that it was a little dry. Then I made a different cake the day before his birthday. It ended up not coming out the pan very well, and it just looked like a mess. So I made a third and final cake about 10:00 the night before the party. Can you tell that the cake stressed me out a little?



This is one of the goody bags that I made. They had the patterns on nick.com, and I just had to cut and glue the pieces on the bag. Overall it was a great party. I am so thankful for our family and friends that came.

0 comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker