Friday, November 6, 2009

San Antonio

I guess I have been putting off blogging, but I will try to catch up. A few weeks ago we went on a trip to San Antonio. It was really a business trip for Chad, but Mitchell and I tagged along. Chad had to present two papers that he had written at a conference. At first we thought about not taking Mitchell, but I just didn't feel comfortable leaving him. He has only been away from me one night in his eighteen months. Now looking back at the trip, I wish that we had left him with the grandparents. We did have some good times, but there were also some not so good times. Chad and I went to San Antonio on our first anniversary. We stayed in a bed and breakfast then, but this time we were in a hotel right on the river walk. This first picture is on our first night. We ate outside at the restaurant that was in our hotel. You can kind of see the river walk behind us. I don't know what it was but every time we ate out, Mitchell had a melt down. He did not want to stay in his high chair, and then we would just end up getting to go boxes.
On the second day that we were there, we went to Sea World. This trip ended up being pretty good. I think that Michell had a fun time. Here Chad is trying to decide where we will go first.

Mitchell enjoyed seeing all the animals.

We saw an alligator with a turtle resting on top of it. Kind of a crazy site.

We went to several of the shows. Here Mitchell is watching Shamou.

They had Halloween decorations everywhere. Pumpkins were also everywhere. We even saw some in with the penguins.


I guess through this trip we learned that above all things, Mitchell loves to run. He does not like to be confined to a stroller, high chair, or mom or dad's lap. For awhile we just let him run around at Sea World. He had the best time.

We also learned that Mitchell loves water bottles.


He also loved looking at himself in the mirror in the hotel room. I love this picture because it looks like he is posing.

Some of the best food that we got was at Rain Forest Cafe. But again we did not make it through our meal and ended up eating the rest in our hotel room. We just felt bad for the people around us. We did not want to ruin their meal with a crying baby.

One night we met up with my cousin, Josh. This is him with his wife and son Reagan. They live in San Antonio. It was nice to get to see them and meet Reagan for the first time.

Look at these cute cousins!
I guess the worst experience of the trip was coming home. I think it was a mixture of many things, but Mitchell had a major tantrum in the San Antonio airport. Chad had to go up to the counter to see if we could get our seats together. I was letting Mitchell walk around, but I could not let him go far because I had to keep an eye on our stuff. Well, he went to far, and I tried to turn him around. That is when he had a major fit. He threw himself down on the floor and started screaming and crying. Everyone was looking at us, and I was so embarrassed. We did get him calmed down somewhat just before we got on the plane. He did cry a little on that flight, but over all it was not bad. Then came the flight from Dallas to OKC. This was the nightmare! Mitchell was tired of being held and could not take it any more. He decided to cry the entire flight. We tried everything, but he would not stop. I felt so bad for the people around us. What made it even worse was that we sat in the very back seats of the plane. So when we landed, we could not even get off. We were the last ones to get off. So, I just don't think we will be doing any more traveling with Mitchell in the near future. I am going to need some time to get over this trip.


0 comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker