Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas has come and gone, and I have so much to tell. I will probably have several posts for the events of the past few weeks. First of all, we had a blizzard on Christmas Eve. I will write and post pictures of this next. We usually spend Christmas Eve with my mom, but this year we had to post-pone our time together. It snowed all day. We ended up getting 14 inches of snow. That was a record for OK. So, as you can imagine we woke up to a white Christmas. We really didn't think that we would end up going to my in-laws for Christmas day. Then we got a call from Chad's brother, Todd, and he said that he was going to try to make it. Todd lives kind of close to my mom, and he said that he would go and pick her up. Todd has four wheel drive, and in the end he did a lot of driving. He picked up my mom and grandma Davis. The roads still had some ice and snow. The neighborhood roads were really bad. But the trucks had been out trying to clear the main roads. We ended up driving our car most of the way. When we got close to my in-laws' we stopped at a church. Then Todd came and picked us up. Chad's parents live near some hilly roads, and we were not sure if my car would make it. We all made it safely there and back home. By the time we all got there, we ate and opened presents. Then it was time to leave. We had to get home before dark because all the roads would ice over again. The scariest part for us was getting on and off of the highway. They had not been plowed and had really deep ruts. But my little Honda Accord made it!
We tried to get some family pictures. Here is Grandma Davis with Chad's parents.

Here is Todd, Audrey, Matt, Amanda, and little Valen. Also the dog is Buddy.


I am so glad that my mom got to come. I did not want her to spend Christmas by herself.

I got a few pictures of people opening presents, but it is so hard to help Mitchell, open your own presents, and take pictures. We also try to video tape, and this all takes place all at one time.

Here Myrna is looking at the photo book that I made on Snapfish. I have found that photo books and calendars with pictures of Mitchell are a big hit. They are also fun to make.


0 comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker