Monday, October 20, 2008

Doctor's Visit

Mitchell had his six months doctor's visit today. We found out that he is still in the second percentile on his weight. I felt kind of discouraged about this, but I guess he is always going to be a skinny baby. The doctor is not concerned because he is gaining weight and is following the growth curve. They always show me this chart on the computer that shows where he is. He just started out small, so I guess it is hard for him to catch up. It is another story on his length. He is in the thirty-seventh percentile on his length. He definitely does not take after his mom in this area. So, he is just a long, skinny baby. But I think that he is the cutest baby ever!!! Mitchell still has a faint heart murmur. We have known about it for awhile and are going to have a echocardiogram done some time soon. We are waiting to hear from the hospital to get an appointment. Again, the doctor is not very concerned. He said since he is growing that he does not think that there is a problem.

Here are a few pictures that I took this Saturday. This is Mitchell's Halloween outfit. Thanks to "Aunt" Brenda he has Boo socks and a hat. He also has a jack-o-lantern outfit that he is going to wear on Halloween. I am sure I will have many pictures of his costume to share soon.






2 comments:

Julie said...

That very first picture made me smile!! He is so precious. It seems we can never connect and I am dying to hold him. I love his outfit!!

Be encouraged! Tall and skinny is a good thing!!

Brooklyn said...

i love the boo hat! and no worries, my friend, on the weight. either he will catch up when he gets a few years older or he will just be a lean guy. either way he looks healthy to me! my girls were always real skinny as babies but they are filling out now.

are you going to the church fall festival? i'm sure he will look cute in his costume!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker