Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


Today we took Mitchell to a Pumpkin Patch. I have been wanting to go for weeks. We finally got an afternoon that Chad could go, and we waited later in the afternoon so it was not to cold. I put Mitchell in his jack-o-lantern costume. I wanted to get some pictures of him in it, and I thought that it would keep him warm. We got to see some animals, go through a corn maze, and pick out a pumpkin. We did not do the hay ride. When I was teaching I took my kindergarten students to this particular pumpkin patch every year. I kind of have a tradition of going there every year. This time it was special because I had my own son and not twenty crazy kids. Don't get me wrong, I loved taking my students there, but it was really peaceful just to look after one. I have been thinking about traditions lately, especially with the holidays coming up. I think that this is a tradition that I would like to keep. Chad and I kept talking about what Mitchell would do next year at the pumpkin patch. For example, he would probably be running around and would know more about the animals. This year he just looked at everything and was tired of taking pictures by the end. He fell asleep before we could get him back in the car. Here are a few of the pictures that we took.











The sun was in our eyes for most of the pictures. That is why we tend to be squinting in most of them.







Look at that cute pumpkin!





You might not can tell, but he is eating hay in this picture.

















0 comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker