We made it back from our trip to St. Louis. We had a really good time. My mom, Mitchell, and I flew to St. Louis last Thursday, and then came back on Sunday. Mitchell was so good on the airplane. He had a harder time on the ride home because it was night, and he tends to be fussier at night. I gave him a bottle when we were landing, and the air pressure did not seem to bother him. We did have a few mishaps at the airport. First when we went, we were going to leave my mom's car at the airport. We were a little late leaving the house, and then when we got there the garage was full. We had to park in the shuttle parking lot and take a shuttle over to the airport. When we were checking our bags, they said that we were late and our bags might not make it. But then they said that they probably would because they were running late. Thank goodness! After we went through security, our gate was right there and they were already boarding the plane. We were able to get on and sit by each other. I was kind of worried that Mitchell would have a dirty diaper on the plane. Several people told me that babies tend to have explosions in their diapers, maybe because of the air pressure. So, both times when we got off the airplane I went to check his diaper. Thank goodness Mitchell did not have an explosion. I could not believe that the family bathroom in St. Louis that I went to did not have a changing table. It did have a chair, so I managed to maneuver a diaper change on it. Then the other mishap came at the baggage claim when we came home. Again, I was changing Mitchell's diaper when we landed so we did not go straight to the baggage claim. When we got there all the bags were gone except two. The lady that worked there said to us that these were all that were left, and they must be ours. They must have gotten the bags out very fast because I really did not take long in the bathroom. I looked at the suitcases and one was my mom's, but the other one was not mine. It was the same size and color as mine but was not my suitcase. I told the lady this,and she looked at the name on the suitcase. She went in her office and called the owner. She was able to get a hold of him and yes he had my bag. I guess the pink ribbon on my bag did not throw him off. So, there we were just standing by the baggage waiting on this guy to bring my bag. Meanwhile, Chad was in his car waiting on me. This guy must have been in a real hurry because he practically ran in said that he took the wrong bag. This should be a lesson to everyone that you should always look at the name tag to make sure you have the right bag. I am just thankful that I got my bag back.
Mitchell loved his cousins, Courtney and Shaeley. He has not been around kids much, so this was a real treat for him. They sang and played with him. He could not be happier. One night Courtney was playing with him and kept saying, "Boo!" Mitchell laughed so much! I have never heard him laugh this long before.
Shaeley, Courtney, and Mitchell.

"Who are you?"
My Aunt Diana collects dolls. This is Mitchell with some of her dolls.
A little lunch at Chick-Fil-A. From left to right: Aunt Diana, Cousin Courtney, my mom, Aunt Jeanne Beth, Cousin Holly, and Cousin Shaeley.
We went to the Butterfly House in St. Louis. I got some pictures of some beautiful butterflies.
Mitchell and Nana in the Butterfly House.
Mitchell's first Carousel ride.
I put him on a horse after the ride was over. He really does love his paci!
We celebrated Shaeley's birthday. She turned five the day after we left.
I am ready for Halloween. Thanks Aunt Diana for the bib!
Another picture with Aunt Diana's dolls. I think the one in the middle is the cutest!
I know this is kind of long, but I wanted to share everything!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment